If you’re an organised, detail-focused and responsible Office Manager with excellent time management and people skills, then please keep reading.
We’re looking for a conscientious and hard-working professional able to perform in a high-performance environment, requiring sound judgement and constant multitasking to provide support to our multidisciplinary team and ever-growing clientele.
While ordinary office managers are a dime a dozen, we’re looking for an extraordinary, experienced and ambitious office manager with a proven track record of providing exceptional customer service, team support and production coordination.
You’re good at ensuring the office runs smoothly and clients are happy, but you might not been appreciated for your hard work and perseverance, then you’ll definitely appreciate our fantastic performance-based work culture.
In this role, you will be the “go-to” person for almost everything internal. You will be responsible for the daily operations of the business, including our people. The role is varied, exciting and challenging, requiring a variety of skills such as interpersonal leadership, organisational planning, problem-solving, creativity and decision-making.
Since interacting with people will be the bread and butter of your role, you need to be a people-person with clear communication written and verbal skills, able to communicate with individuals from different disciplines and backgrounds within strict time constraints.
In a typical day, you’ll perform administrative duties such as: prepare reports, liaise with suppliers and purchase supplies. You may also organise team development activities, resolve conflicts, liaise between our team and our clients and uphold office policies.
To be successful in this role, you cannot be authoritarian using an adversarial or conflictive approach, but rather a kind, patient approach that reflects that you love helping others. Your goal is to create value, not abuse power.
You want to own your responsibilities, being mature enough to collaborate with others when issues arise without drama or resentment – it’s in your blood to naturally reframe a bad situation or experience into a positive one.
You radiate energy, enthusiasm and positivity and are always ready to tackle any challenge, looking to expand the breadth of your role to become a natural problem solver and valued contributor.
You are proactive, have excellent time management and organisational skills that empower you to support our CEO and team members with a range of administrative duties, such as assisting the CEO with diary and travel management as well as other ad hoc duties that support the team.
Whether under pressure or not, you know what to prioritise and how to manage your workload. You realise you will never have enough time to do everything. That’s why over the years, you’ve developed the ability to plan and prioritise tasks, set goals and delegate to maximise your personal and professional productivity.
Exceptional organisational skills are second nature for you. You have a natural flair for curating information on a variety of topics. You know that information is power provided it’s accurate, current and relevant and you can source and synthesise information from internal and external sources as needed.
Since first impressions form in a blink of an eye, you take pride in keeping a clean and tidy office space. As you will be the face of our office, you know it’s important to look presentable at all times. Your positive, neat and smart presentation style alongside your natural warm demeanour will give you an edge in building relationships with clients and suppliers.
You will be dealing with a diverse range of people from different backgrounds and disciplines, so will need to expand your domain knowledge to include our products, services and job roles. Taking an inquisitive approach is essential as this will enable you to drill down every team member’s role, putting you in a position to render practical and administrative assistance to the broader team.
This role will give you autonomy to initiate and implement change without having to run it past several levels of management for permission – but that comes with the responsibility to be able to be knowledgeable and walk the talk in everything you do!
While you always take pride in what you do, you’re not one to sit on your laurels. You proactively seek to contribute and grow within your area of influence to add value to others and to move into more challenging roles within the business. If career progression is essential to you, we will give you ample space to spread your wings!
More About The Role:
These are the skills, attributes and experience we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 2 years of office administration or management experience.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google Suite (we will test for proficiency pre-interview).
- Superior organisation, planning and time management skills.
- Clear, concise and professional writing skills (English language proficiency is a MUST; we are a media communications consultancy, so the quality of your verbal and written communication is paramount)
- Attention to detail is a MUST. This role has a lot of moving parts. Keeping track of them all is crucial.
- A high level of energy with a flexible and positive “can-do” attitude.
- Maintaining a high attendance rate is essential. While this role caters for a flexible or part-time schedule, others will be counting on you to get things done that you cannot delegate. Saying this, you don’t have to be “on-call” outside business hours.
- Successful onboarding of new hires, providing initial training on production and customer relationship management systems.
- General administrative and clerical support, including ordering office supplies, performing data entry, answering customer enquiries, managing calendars for C-level executives and managing the office.
- Sorting and scanning mail and attaching documents to files in production and/or document management system.
- Coordinating internal meetings and events.
- Communicating with suppliers for general office needs (e.g., landlord, building maintenance, photocopier supplier).
- Maintaining a clean office and kitchen area during the day.
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who requires only a part-time working schedule. The preferred office hours would be from 10 am to 2 pm, or 11 am to 3 pm Monday to Friday, but we can accommodate other arrangements.