We’re looking for a results-focused, entrepreneurial and challenge-driven digital marketing operations manager with excellent leadership and people skills to lead, guide and propel our digital marketing department to new levels of success.
Explicitly, with the right skills, you can become the head chef in our digital marketing kitchen. If you’re selected for this job, you will need to choose the right ingredients and use your resources wisely to deliver the best possible dish (results).
You’re in good hands. Our people (visual designers, copywriters, marketing automation managers and media buyers) are incredibly talented and innovative. They hold themselves to a high standard by taking ownership of their work and tolerate no finger-pointing when problems arise.
As our ideal candidate, you’re expected to have this same level of drive and dedication. You’re ambitious and hungry for growth and development. While you can look back on your career accomplishments with fondness, you’re determined to keep pushing the boundaries.
You’re not a “credit hog” coveting all the glory. You know that success won’t happen in isolation. You give credit where credit is due and realise that (T)ogether (E)veryone (A)ccomplishes (M)ore! Teamwork is not just a buzzword. It’s in your DNA.
As a creative digital marketing operations manager, you possess the ability to think outside the box, stretch yourself and create innovative ways to improve performance.
You have enough humility to acknowledge that you don’t have all the answers. And when your best efforts fizzle out, you can learn from your mistakes. Through self-knowledge and inner strength, you can turn failure into opportunity.
How to thrive in this dynamic role
To thrive in this dynamic role, you need to possess impeccable communication and interpersonal skills. You need to be able to communicate with your team members and other stakeholders to coordinate input, information and project deliverables and the processes required to produce them.
Excellent communication skills will help you implement the company’s digital marketing strategy, instil and uphold company values (which means that you need to walk the talk, always), and radiate a passion for continuous learning and improvement.
Remember, your role is to be the cook in the kitchen, but without doing any of the cooking yourself. So, you will need to assign relevant tasks to the appropriate personnel and supervise accordingly to get the job done.
You also need to possess superior organisational and planning skills. That’s because your typical day will include producing project reports, contractor and supplier proposals and price lists, memos, contracts and more.
Here’s what we need from you
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical information and concepts to a non-technical audience.
- A minimum of 5 years of agency or client-based experience delivering digital marketing communication and strategies.
- Experience delivering integrated digital solutions across a broad range of media and channels (e.g. email, push messaging and social media).
- Experience with enterprise campaign platforms like Marketo or Salesforce.
- Active collaboration and appropriate interaction with internal teams to produce end-to-end digital marketing campaigns and deliverables.
- Ability to manage various entities and tasks at a time including multiple stakeholders and campaigns within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with A/B testing and multivariate experiments.
- Sound knowledge of campaign tracking, analysis and reporting.
- Experience with SEO, SEM, PPC, Email, Paid Media and Social.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Optimise marketing effectiveness and efficiency across the agency.
- Drive the strategic and technological decisions towards campaign delivery
- Manage all digital communications including E-commerce websites, online marketing, social media, PR and events.
- Help employees maintain task focus using activity networks and critical path analyses tools such as Process Constraint Management, Gantt Chart, Agile methodology and CPM/ PERT networks to increase team productivity.
- Lead and supervise creative and media teams within the agency to design and deliver campaigns for clients on time and budget.
- Develop client and internal documentation across multiple accounts.
- Ensure efficient, consistent and timely delivery of assets and deadlines.
- Liaise with outside suppliers, partners, contractors, vendors and other agencies.
- Accurately forecast and track key marketing matrices.
- Measure results against KPIs and effectively report these results to agency management and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensure competent and ethical data collection and data storage processes are enforced and followed by everyone without exception.
- Educate clients about best practice in email marketing, including confidentiality and privacy regulations, to ensure legal compliance.